Volunteer Opportunity at Beacon Charitable Pharmacy
At Beacon, volunteers play a big role in assisting others and seeing the results provided in helping a client in need of medications. If you’re seeking a volunteer opportunity in the Canton, Ohio area, we’d love to hear from you. Call us at 330-445-1087 or complete the form below and describe your capacity and capability to serve.
Clinical volunteer opportunities include:
- Pharmacy students: Sort, count, and/or dispense medications, depending on level of experience.
- Pharmacists: Dispense medications, call other pharmacies for client prescriptions, counseling, and education.
- Nurses: Sorting and counting medications, enrolling clients, and assisting at community health fairs.
- Pharmacy technicians: Assist in the pharmacy, sorting and counting medications, enrolling clients, and assisting at community health fairs.
Non-clinical volunteer opportunities include:
- Hospitality: Greet clients, filing, sorting, attend community health fairs, and assist in making appointments.
Beacon Charitable Pharmacy enrolls individuals into pharmaceutical company Medication Assistance Programs (MAPs), which provide prescription medication free of charge.
Beacon Charitable Pharmacy collaborates with agencies, clinics, hospitals, volunteers and community organizations to strive to provide professional pharmaceutical services, maximize community resources, educate and advocate for the vulnerable.